Press Release: Schuyler SCOPE holds Meet the Candidates Night
The Schuyler County Chapter of Shooters Committee on Political Education (S.C.O.P.E.) invited candidates for county, state and congressional office to attend its quarterly meeting Thursday (October 6) as a “Meet the Candidates Night.”
Candidates were given the opportunity to make a few brief remarks and answer questions from the membership. Over thirty members of S.C.O.P.E. and the general public were in the audience.
Among the topics addressed were each candidate’s belief in the right to keep and bear arms, a pending resolution of the Schuyler County legislature calling for the repeal of recent New York gun law changes, pistol permit procedures, emergency management plans, federal conceal carry laws and related issues. Each candidate in attendance affirmed his or her strong support for the Second Amendment.
The following Schuyler County candidates attended and addressed the audience:
• Holley Sokolowski, Republican Candidate for County Treasurer (unopposed)
• Carl Blowers, Republican Candidate for County Legislature (District V)(unopposed)
• Phil Barnes, Republican Candidate for County Legislature (District VI)(unopposed)
In the race for U.S. Congress, District NY-23:
· Republican congressional candidate Nick Langworthy appeared by campaign manager George McNerney.
· Democrat congressional candidate Max Della-Pia did not respond to SCOPE's invitation.
For the New York State Legislature:
· Incumbent Senator Tom O’Mara (R, unopposed) and incumbent Assembly member Phil Palmesano (R, unopposed) were both unable to attend due to prior commitments and sent their apologies.
S.C.O.P.E. is a non-partisan statewide 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to educating the public about firearm ownership, Second Amendment rights and legislation. The Schuyler County chapter’s meetings are held on the 1st Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm in January, March, May, October and as necessary at the Montour Falls Moose Lodge, 2096 Co Rd 14, Montour Falls, NY 14865.
Picture available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OgbucfdWXczCLPa7iCyZDRHSOamBIR7U/view?usp=sharing