We know the badly named “SAFE” Act is unSAFE when it comes to civil liberties like due process. This fact is never mentioned by Mr. Cuomo nor many of our elected state officials — purposeful ignorance. They focus on the 2nd Amendment rather than let people know they’re also going after the 4th, 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments.
The SAFE Act (Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013) is touted as a “gun control” law, but it is really about control. Why? Because it denies due process to any citizen targeted under the SAFE Act.
No one is talking about this aspect of the so-called SAFE Act. We need to open that conversation. Do our elected officials believe all citizens are entitled to due process or not?
Attached are the links to both a 4-minute and an 8-minute video that includes the story of a citizen deprived of his rights. They were produced by volunteers to tell the story of the SAFE Act’s assault on due process.
Listen to a citizen who had his firearms confiscated with no notice, no hearing, no trial and no evidence of mental disability. As with many other SAFE Act victims, his doctor sent him to a hospital for testing so he could readjust his medication.
The hospital falsely notified the State Police that he was INvoluntarily admitted. It is a chilling reality – one we are seeing repeated. And the SAFE Act grants legal immunity to the medical establishment for any such “reporting” errors on their part.
Despite a judge’s order vindicating him, this law-abiding citizen was reported by NY State to the FBI and is no longer eligible to purchase a firearm. It is extremely complicated and difficult to successfully complete the appeal process.
As we know from the anti-rights groups, if such “laws” work in New York or California, they will be exported to other states. There is nothing coincidental about this.
The goal is to make this video “go viral” and get as many views by as many people as possible — thousands. We want to do this in order to:
- First, click on the video link and watch the video. If you can, click on the “thumbs up” icon seen on YouTube. If you see it on Facebook or place it there, “Like it” there.
- Second, post and share this message with as many friends, influential groups and websites as possible, such as Facebook, Twitter or others — including your state senator and assembly member. They need to hear this.
- Ask them if they believe all citizens are entitled to due process?
- Use this elected official “look up tool” to contact your state representatives
Thank you for helping to defend our Constitutional and civil liberties.
- 4-minute trailer or short version
- 8-minute or long version
Read more at this here