We encourage all members to VOTE on
PRIMARY DAY - TUESDAY 6.22.21
Ratings of Wayne County Sheriff Candidates running in the Republican primary on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 have been completed. The ratings are:
Candidate Milby: A+ Candidate MacNeal: A
The Wayne County SCOPE Committee used the following as a rating basis:
Candidate shows strong evidence of protecting the rights of law-abiding citizens and:
- Strongly supports the Second Amendment.
- Strongly supports the right to due process.
- Strongly supports the right to legally use firearms for self defense.
- Strongly agrees that no government entity has the right to infringe on possession of firearms by law-abiding citizens.
- Strongly supports the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Fourteenth Amendments.
Candidate shows strong evidence of opposition to gun control efforts such as:
- The NY SAFE Act.
- Extreme Risk Protection Orders ("Red Flag" laws).
- Need for gun owners to purchase gun-owner or liability insurance.
- Banning of semi-automatic firearms.
- Micro-stamping capability of semi-automatic firearms.
- Background checks to purchase ammunition.
- Registration of long guns.
- Mandatory storage of firearms within one's own home.